Data is collected on this website with technologies of etracker GmbH (www.etracker.com) and saved for marketing and optimisation purposes. User profiles can be compiled from these data and saved with a pseudonym. Cookies can be used to this purpose. Cookies are small test files that are saved in the cache of the browser of the visitor to the site. The cookies enable recognition of the web browser.
The data collected with the etracker technology are not used to personally identify the visitor to this website without the express consent of the respective person and are not merged with personal data by the carrier of the pseudonym. Data collection and storage can be objected to at any time with future effect.
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(2) The Data Controller according to Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Tube & Pipe Systems GmbH
For any questions regarding this policy please contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail (Datenschutzbeauftragte@witte-tube.com) or post (see our postal address above, just add "die Datenschutzbeauftragte" as second line).
(3) In order to answer your questions, we store the personal data transmitted by you (your e-mail address and, if applicable, your name and telephone number) when you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form. The personal data thus received will be erased as soon as storage is no longer required, or, if there are statutory obligations with regard to data retention, restrictions will be placed on the processing of the data.
(4) If we employ contracted service providers to perform a part of our services on our behalf, or if we plan to use your personal data for marketing purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective actions to be taken (see below). In this case, we will also indicate the criteria laid down for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data stored by us:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of data processing,
- Right to object to data processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you use our website for merely informational purposes and do not register or transmit information in any other way to us, we will only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you visit our website, we will collect the following data, which are technically necessary to display our website and ensure stability and security (legal basis: Art. 6(1) (1f) GDPR):
- Your IP address
- Date and time of your request/access
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific webpages you visit)
- Access status/ HTTP status code
- Transmitted data volume
- Website from where you have accessed our site
- Your Browser
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of your browser software.
(2) Apart from the data mentioned above, "cookies" are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files which are transferred by your browser and stored on the hard drive of your computer; they are used to transmit certain information to the website that has set the cookies (in this case our website). Cookies cannot execute programmes or deliver viruses to your computer. They help improve the overall performance of our service and make our website more user-friendly and effective.
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, to the extent and with the functions described below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These are in particular the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID which links various requests of your browser to the current session. They allow us to recognise your computer when you visit our website the next time. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a prescribed period of time, which can vary based on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can adjust your browser settings according to your requirements, e.g. you can choose to refuse to accept third-party or all cookies. Please note that if you deactivate cookies, the functionality of this website may be restricted.
§ 4 More functions and services of our website
(1) Apart from using our website for merely informational purposes, we offer several services you can use if interested. In order to enable us to provide the respective service, you usually have to transmit further personal data, which are subject to the data processing principles stated above.
(2) In part, we employ third-party service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and assigned, are bound by our instructions and subject to regular checks.
(3) If our service providers or partner organisations are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the effects of this circumstance in the description of our services.
§ 5 Objecting to or revoking the consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this consent at any time. After you have declared such a revocation to us, it affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data.
(2) Where the processing of your personal data is based on legitimate interests, you can object to the data processing. This is especially the case if the processing is not required to fulfil a contract concluded with you (see the respective subsequent description of functions). If you raise an objection, please state your reasons for objecting to the processing of your personal data as executed by us. If your objection is justified, we will assess the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing, or demonstrate to you the compelling legitimate grounds for our continued processing.
(3) Of course, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing and analysis purposes. Please inform us about your objection to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes using the following contact details:
- Witte Tube & Pipe Systems GmbH
§ 6 Order online
(1) If you want to place an order online, submission of your personal data is required to conclude a contract and process and deliver your order. The fields required for the performance of contracts are marked separately, all other information is optional. We use the data submitted by you for the processing and delivering of your order. For this purpose, we may transmit your payment details to our processing bank. The legal basis of this procedure is Art. 6(1) (1b) GDPR.
(2) If you wish, you can create an optional customer account so we can save your personal data for future orders. Upon creating an account under "My account", the data submitted by you is saved, with the right of revocation. You can delete all other data, including your user account, at any time in the customer area.
(3) Furthermore, we can process the personal data submitted by you to inform you about further products from our portfolio that might be of interest to you, or to send you e-mails with technical information.
(4) Due to commercial and tax law requirements, we are obliged to store information regarding your address, payment and ordering details for a period of ten years. However, after three years we place a restriction on processing, i.e. your data will only be used for compliance with statutory obligations.
(5) The ordering process is TLS-encrypted in order to protect your personal data, especially financial information, from unauthorised access by third parties.
§ 7 Web fonts
We use external fonts from
Google Fonts on our website. Google Fonts is a service provided by operator
Google Inc. These web fonts are generally provided by an external server call
to a server of Google Inc., located in the USA. Information about the webpages
you have visited will thus be transmitted to the Google server. The browser's
IP address of the device of the user visiting this site will also be stored by
Google Inc. For more information on Google Privacy
Policy, click here: www.google.com/fonts#AboutPlace:about and
§ 8 YouTube videos
(1) We use embedded YouTube videos, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be watched directly on our site. All of these videos are embedded in "enhanced data protection mode", i.e. if you do not watch the videos, no information about you as user will be transmitted to YouTube. The data mentioned in paragraph 2 will only be transmitted if you watch the videos. We have no influence whatsoever on this data transmission.
§ 9 Google Maps
(1) We use the services of Google Maps on our website. Thus, we can display interactive maps directly on our site and make sure you can conveniently use the Google Maps function.
§ 10 Use of etracker
(1) This website uses technology of etracker GmbH (www.etracker.com) to collect and store data for marketing and optimisation purposes. This data can be used to create user profiles under a pseudonym. Cookies may be used to this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the visitor's Internet browser. The cookies enable the recognition of the internet browser. The data collected using etracker technologies are not used to personally identify the visitor to this website and will not be linked with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym without the separately given consent of the person concerned. Consent to data collection and storage can be revoked at any time with future effect [link this word as usual].
(2) We use etracker to allow us to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our services and make the site more interesting for you as a user with the generated statistics. The collected data is stored permanently and analysed pseudonymously. The legal basis for the use of etracker is Art. 6 Section 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
(3) Details of the third-party provider: etracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstrasse 1, 20459 Hamburg; https://www.etracker.com/de/datenschutz.html (english: https://www.etracker.com/en/data-privacy). The legal basis for the use of etracker is Art. 6 Section1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).